13+ Sample purchase order format in Excel, PDF and Doc: Purchase order or PO is a Business document (Not legal) sent by the buyer for the intent of letting the seller know about the procurement of goods and services they want to receive. This form of the document is only for the communication and ‘forwarding instruction’ purpose and could not be treated as a legal contract. By generating a purchase order buyer conveys his specific demands of the product/service and by accepting that PO seller agrees to process that particular goods/service with the specified criteria and price. Once the product is delivered to the buyer he can cross-check the product with the specification which has been mentioned in the purchase order.
All the purchase order format available could be customized according to the situation and needs of the ordered party i.e buyer. The user can easily edit the Purchase order format and customized font, figures, colors, headings and can also add extra fields and columns when needed. After the modification of these purchase order format, the user can save these at there local drive for further use. The user can also print out the Purchase order copy for the reference purpose and can also cross verify with the invoice sent by the seller with the product delivery.
So, if you have not harnessed this amazing business tool yet, then we strongly suggest you to give it a try and witnesse the difference. We are quite certain that in no time you will adapt these templates and can utilize them fully.
Simple Purchase Order Format in Excel Format
Purchase Order Format For Free Download (Word)
Purchase Order Format For Free Customization (Word)
Important elements of a standard purchase order format:
Though purchase order is not a legal contract between seller and buyer but it still has some important elements in it which roughly serves the purpose of a transactional agreement. A standard purchase order format should have following fields/elements in it:
- Name and logo of Issuing Business/Entity: Every purchase order should have a clear mention of the Business name and logo of the issuing party i.e buyer. It could be placed on the top left or right corner of the document for early and proper visualization.
- Date of the issue: As purchase order carries the specific instruction of the product description price and expected date of delivery so it should have a clear mention of the date of Purchase order issue.
- Address of Buyer: Another important element of a standard purchase order is clear mentioned of an address of the purchase order issuer preferably right below the business name.
- Name of the seller/Provider: This is another important field should be mentioned clearly in the standard purchase order format. Seller name and address must be clearly indicated for the seller to accept the Purchase Order.
- Item Specification and description: This is one of the crucial fields of any standard purchase order. Buyer should clearly mention the exact specification of the goods or service he intends to receive. Clear instruction should be given for different product that should easily be distinguished and easily followed by the receiving party. A brief Product description is expected to included in it as well.
- Item quantity: Quantity of each specified goods/service should be clearly mentioned in this field.
- Rate (Item per Unit): This is a standard mentioned of the unit rate of the order goods which buyer intend to receive. The actual selling price could be decided later by the discussion between both parties.
- Total Amount: The Estimated rate of the total ordered goods/service should be mentioned here.
- Delivery location: This field contains the address of the place where the buyer wants to take the physical delivery of the ordered product. Not necessarily it has to be the registered address of the buyer and that is why it should be clearly included in the Purchase Order format.
- Purchase Order Number: If a buyer is issuing series of a Purchase order to a specific provider (Could be different sellers as well) then he may include a Purchase Order Number to keep track of the goods or service ordered.
- Other details: This field could be customized and included according to the needs of the buyer.
- Delivery terms: Buyer can include particular delivery terms he wants to imply in this field.
- Signature of Issuing designated authority: In this field, a signature of the issuing designated authority(normally the purchase manager or the Owner himself) should be there.
- PO Validity Period – Buyer can include this filed in the Purchase order if he wants to put any delivery time condition of the order.
- Tax Details: Any tax authorized number could be included here.
- Additional note: In this field buyer can leave any additional note as a reference for the seller.
Sample Purchase Order Format Form (Word)
Sample Purchase Order Format Template (Excel)
Purchase Order Request Letter Format (PDF Free Download)
Purchase Order Format in Excel
Local Purchase Order Format in Microsoft Word
Standard PO Order Format
DRAFT Purchase Order Form Format ( PDF)
Standard Service Purchase Order Format (PDF)
Blank Purchase Order format with instruction (PDF)
Machine Purchase Order Format Template (PDF)
Key Difference between Purchase Order form and Order Form Template?
There is a basic fundamental difference between Purchase Order Form and Order Form. The buyer who issues the purchase order has the complete liberty to propose the Special Pricing for the product he’s going to offer along with exact quantity and other specific information. On the other hand, after getting the order form business has to procure order according to the needs and instruction of the vendor and receiver has almost little to no authority. So it is always a prudent act to opt for purchase order template and ask the suppliers if they are comfortable with the purchase order form. If yes, then you can use any standard purchase order form which serves your business needs and have all the important ingredients which we have mentioned above and harness the real utility of Purchase order form.