10+ Free printable purchase order form – Word PDF and in Excel format: Purchase Order form is quite an important document to request products or services from your seller or suppliers. A useful purchase order form could be made using standard Purchase order format.This documentation plays a critical role conveying specific needs of the buyer. in purchase order form, the buyer can literally give the clear instruction to the supplier that what specification of goods/service he wants, the quantity of the product and how much he’s is willing to pay for it. By using purchase order form buyer can ensure receiving the quality, specification, quantity and price of the product/service what he has ordered for. Upon accepting the purchase order form, the seller or provider actually agrees to bind to a contract with the buyer and send product or service as the agreement.
Purchase Order form can save any small business from a disaster. As Small business owners tend to place the bulk purchase order to their suppliers over the telephone or verbally. As there is no written document to follow which may lead to confusion or miscommunication that can easily end up on a bad note costing them money. So to avoid this kind of situation, buyers can use Purchase order forms to keep track of their purchase and eliminate any issues regarding the wrong specification of the product, overbilling, incorrect quantity and most importantly can eliminate confusion between two parties.
Sample Purchase order form (Word)
Sample Purchase Order form Format (Word)
Printable Purchase Order Form Template (Word)
What is a Purchase order Form?
Purchase Order form is a written document which conveys the needs of the buyer to the suppliers and expected to be fulfilled accordingly. Creating a purchase order could be a daunting task for the nontechnical person. Especially for someone who is not very much keen about commercial stuff cause a purchase order has a lot of fields like product description specification, the combination of different products and their internal relation, additions, co-relation between different fields etc. So if you are looking for dynamic purchase order form, these templates available over the web could fit your purpose quite convincingly. These templates could be readily used and even could be modified according to the purchase needs.
All these Templates have the features of model purchase order by having all the important elements in it. In short, these purchase order forms serve the basic purpose of a standard purchase order.
Purchase Order Form Letter Of Direction PDF Free download
Excel Purchase Order Form
Sample Purchase Order Form Template
Sample purchase order Form Templates which could be found on the web are quite efficient to fulfill small business needs and could easily qualify as the best tool for the small businesses. All these templates have the required perquisites to complete the process of order implementation to execute the order as requested. One can select the purchase order form available on the web and select the best which fits their business needs of keeping the purchase records. Sample purchase order forms could be found in Excel, PDF and Word format where fields like Business name, product description, specification, the logo of the business, quantify and all other which could be modified.
Local Purchase Order Form template MS Word
Downloadable Book Purchase Order Form
When to Use a Purchase Order?
Purchase order form should be used after the initial conversation with the suppliers. By giving the purchase order to the suppliers you can ensure the time of delivery of the goods/service and plan your production accordingly. As the purchase order works like an agreement between suppliers and buyer, so the purchase manager should get the signed approval of purchase order from the business owner or management before sending to the supplier. In that way, it could the ensured that buyers get exactly what is ordered for like quantity, specification, price rate, and time of delivery.
Small business can maintain a string of purchase record by using purchase order template. Actually, this is one of the important business documents which will be needing to use again and again throughout the business journey. Po order form will be the complementary part of the invoice received and verify purchases of materials which has been ordered in the PO Order. As all the important elements like where to ship, Buyer and seller details and complete order details such as item name, description, price, and quantity is included in the PO Order it enables the business owner to check whether received goods tally with the PO. So ignoring this important documents may not be a prudent act as a sensible business owner. Staring to use PO may not be that much hassle due to the simplicity of Purchase order format. So why not using this amazing business tool?
DRAFT Purchase Order Form
Simple Customizable Purchase Order Form
Official Purchase Order Form Template
Service Purchase Order Template
Key Components of a Purchase Order Form
- Company/Business Name: Name of the company or business aka buyer who is initiating the order
- Date of Order: Order issue date should be there. Preferably on the top right side of the Purchase order.
- Business address: Business physical address of the issuing buyer.
- PO Number: Purchase order number should also be present in a standard purchase order in order to keep track and verify when needed by both receiving and issuing party.
- Seller/Vendor Details: Seller business and address should be there.
- Shipping Address: There should be a clear mentioned of the shipping address at where the goods should be shipped for receiving party to accommodate.
- Product details: Such as Quantity, specification, rate and estimated delivery date and should be there in their respective fields.
- Specific Delivery instruction: If the ordering party wants to give any specific delivery instruction (for the items purchased) that should go into this field.
- Billing information: Complete billing information including rate/quantity ratio to have a clear idea of the product price.
- Price Structure: Quantity and unit price of each item should be there in the respective field for easy calculation of billing.
- The total price of the purchase: This field is for populating final billing amount.
- Shipping Terms: Along with payments terms any special shipping terms could be mentioned here by the ordering party.
By using this Purchase Order Form, a small business can:
- Keep a track the purchase orders
- Monitor the delivery of goods/service of the order
- Can request for the modification before the delivery of the product by keeping the track.
- Control project expenditure and take care of the production outlook.
- Ensure that suppliers/seller deliver exactly what was ordered
- Keep track of the purchase and report according to the management.